Congratulation ]is an expression that we use to give the congratulation utterance when he/she succeeds in doing something.
- Congratulations on your success!
- Happy birthday!
- Happy Lebaran Day/Happy led!
- Merry Christmas!
- Happy New Year!
- Happy Valentine!
- Happy anniversary!
- Let me congratulate you
- My congratulations on your success
- Pretty good
- Thank you
- Thanks, I needed that
- It’s very kind of you to say that
- Do you really think so ?
Compliment ] is an expression that we show or say to express/give praise. Some people use compliments to “butter up” somebody or to flatter in order to increase good will, for example:
- on his/her general appearance
- if you notice something new about the person’s appearance
- when you visit someone’s house for the first time
- when other people do their best
- What a nice dress!
- You look great.
- You look very nice/beautiful/handsome.
- I really must express my admiration for your dance.
- Good grades!
- Nice work!
Gratitude ] is an expression that we show or say to express grateful feeling to other people. When speaking English, you say “thanks” very often. Please say “thank you” when people give you something, help you do something, wish you something and give you a compliment etc.
- Thank you very much
- Thank you for your help
- I’m really very grateful to you
- You’re welcome
- Don’t mention it
- It’s a pleasure / My pleasure
- I want to express my gratitude to (my teacher, my father, etc)
- I am grateful to your help