Study the dialogue below!
Dan : Have you got anything to do night, Deby?
Deby : I don’t think so. Why?
Dani : My Friends is going to celebrate his wedding party tonight. He invited me. I don’t want to
go allone. I don’t know withy whom should i go there. Would you like to accompany me, Dani?
Deby : I’d (would) love to, but what time, Dani?
Dani : What about at seven o’clock? I’ll pick you up.
Deby : Ok that’s fine.
Dani : Thank’s, Deby you’re very kind.
Giving Invitations (invite someone)
1. would you like to have a dinner with us ?
2. Do you want to have a drink at my clube?
3. I’d like to invite you to attend our wedding ceremony.
4. you will come to my birthday party ,will you ?
5.would you care to come to a concert this Satyrday?
6.Shall we have a cup of coffee right here?
7.Will you join us for lunch ?
8.You must join us for a coffee.
9.We’re having a dance on Saturday. I hope you make it .
10. Would you be intersted in seeing a new films?
11.would you be free to come to a concert on Saturday? Would you like to come to my place for dinner tonight, please?
Respond: To accept an invitation
– With pleasure.
– I would like to very much
– I would love to
– yes, certainly I will come
– I would, very much
Declining/ refusing Invitation
– I would like to very much but I’m afraid I can’t
– I’m afraid I can’t, I’ve already got an appointment.
– Thank’s but I’m afraid I can’t. I have an exam to study for