Choose the correct answer from the following questions.
1) The article … we got the data for our essay is written by a well-known sociologist.
(D) from which
2) Tom’s father … health hasn’t been so good lately, is in hospital now.
(A) who is
(D) of whom
(E) of which
3) Helen introduced me to her former lecturer … she married after she had graduated.
(D) with whom
4) This is the latest news about kidnapping of the richest businessman in town … we received a few minutes ago.
(B) of which
5) The yellow card … is only issued for employees.
(A) (one cannot enter the factory without
(B) which without it one cannot enter the factory
(C) no one can enter the factory without it
(D) without which one cannot enter the factory
(E) without it one cannot enter the factory
6) Yanto was a young writer …novel won the first prize in the national competition
7) Students … will be awarded scholarship.
(A) who pass with excellent grades
(B) they pass with excellent grades
(C) they won pass with excellent grades
(D) pass with excellent grades
(E) to pass with excellent grades
8) Is there the area …?
(A) where a five star hotel will be constructed
(B) when will a five-star hotel be constructed
(C) that a five-star hotel will be constructed
(D) in which place will a five-star hotel be constructed
(E) there a five – star hotel will be constructed
9) The lady … this letter is addressed has moved to another city.
(B) with whom
(C) to whom
(D) of which
10) The books on this shelf, … are about child education, belong to my sister in law.
(A) which of most
(B) most of which
(C) in which
(D) of which
(E) that of most
Read the two sentences below then write one sentence by using the relative clause.
1) A man answered the phone. He told me you were out.
2) A waitress served us. She was very impolite and impatient.
3) Some boys were arrested. They have now been released.
4) The dress didn’t fit her, so she took it back to the shop. She had bought it there.
5) The place was really beautiful. We spent our holidays there.
6) An orphan is a child. His/her parents are dead.
7) I protested the woman. Her dog bit me.
8) Do you know the name of the hotel? John is staying there.
Combine each pair of two sentences into one by using either who, that, or where.
1) We need another person. The person can help us finish this project.
2) Do you like the car? Your parents bought the car.
3) The hotel is expensive. My father stayed in the hotel.
4) Is it the house? The house has a swimming pool.
5) I received a mobile phone as a birthday gift. The mobile phone is the new edition one.
Revise the sentences into the simple sentence.
1) Every weekend, Stacy and Thomas who are book lovers spend their time in Book Café where they join the other book lovers who come from many districts.
2) Yesterday I met my ex-boyfriend whose name is Daddy in a mall where we had dating at the first time when we were in senior high school which is very popular of having naughty students.
3) Tom and Jerry who spend a very busy life, have a puppy named Doggy, who lives with them in their small beautiful house, which is minimalist in style and which is at the outskirt of town.
4) Tomorrow I will go to my friend’s boarding house where he lives with his friends who come from the same province which is located in the east part of Java.